Under general supervision (remotely), assists clients to enjoy a lifestyle designed to encourage independence, dignity and maintenance of functional ability by providing support with activities of daily living, household chores and social needs. Duties involve assisting clients with personal care, housekeeping services, dietary needs, and social activities as required. Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Shift Pattern: Casual
Must have graduated from a recognized Health Care Aide program or equivalent program recognized in Canada. Must have current HCA Directory Certificate. Must be able to read and write fluently in the English language. 1 years of recent health care aide experience with the geriatric population, people with disability, and the chronically ill is preferred. Personal Competencies: Must be familiar with mechanical lifts and be capable of transferring and supporting clients of varying sizes and varying degrees of immobility Commitment to social model of resident support. Demonstrates awareness of accident and injury prevention, adheres to safe work practices and procedures and is responsible for maintaining self-wellness.
- Active directory status on the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory
- Current CPR provider certification
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and Intervention Record Check.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience working with people with disabilities or geriatrics population is an asset
To apply: Submit your resume and cover letter using the submitting option at https://dhccaring.com/join-us/
Job Description: Under general supervision (remotely), assists clients to enjoy a lifestyle designed to encourage independence, dignity and maintenance of functional ability by providing support...